In the sales sector, Q1 (first quarter of the year) is considered the most difficult period of the entire year. Christmas is over, and people have already spent a lot of money over the holidays, while in China suppliers are closing for the Spring festival, and it is impossible to purchase new products. So what are the best strategies to get around these problems?
The Chinese New Year Problem
The Chinese New Year starts between the end of January and the middle of February, depending on the year, and in China the official national holiday lasts for two weeks! The date of the Chinese New Year changes every year, and it is customary for most companies to take a few days off both before and after. This means that on average, your suppliers take at least two weeks off.
Get ready for the Chinese New Year
The bad news is that if you import from China your business will definitely be affected by this holiday, the good news is that once you understand what’s slowing you down, you’ll be in a better position to prepare.
Many suppliers will stop accepting orders in the weeks leading up to the holidays, which means that:
- Two weeks before the holidays, products will start to run out.
- The shortage of goods will cause prices to rise because everyone will want to buy the last stock before factories closed.
- Many suppliers will be closed for the entire month so you will not be able to ask for information on previous shipments, or for quotes of new products.
What products to sell in 2023 during Q1?
To sell during Q1 you need to buy stock of products before the factories close for Chinese New Year. But how to decide how to buy?
The New Year Resolution
At the end of every year, people start to think about what they have done and how to improve themselves in the next year.
This is what is called the "New Year Resolutions" principle. Well, we will use this universal habit to create a marketing strategy or to predict which products will be in demand.
Similar to the New Year Resolutions strategy is Valentine’s Day Strategy.
We know beforehand that the 14th of February will be Valentine’s Day, and people are going to spend money on gifts, and other items for their loved ones.
Other typical holidays and behaviors that recur every year during Q that can help you decide what to sell in 2023 are:
- Winter holiday
- Women’s day
- St Patrick’s day
How Yakkyofy can help you during Q1
The key to success during Q1 is planning ahead:
- Choose the products you want to promote, studying customers’ behavioral patterns.
- Select Items Small in Size and not Too Heavy
- Order them in Stock
With Yakkyofy you can get an all-inclusive service offered by an Italian company with decades of experience in sourcing products from China. We offer exclusively:
- Quality products, manufactured by reliable suppliers
- Quality checks on your goods
- Professional product photos and videos
- Customized Items
- Packaging Branded with your own logo.
If you rely on us, you can decide to:
- Keep your goods for free in our Shenzhen warehouse.
- Send wholesale products to your home, or to an address of your choice
- Ship products to our warehouse in Italy, for a fast delivery (1-3 days).
Services for Dropshippers
By purchasing a stock with Yakkyofy you reduce your processing time from 5 to just one working day, and you can keep your goods for free in our warehouse.
Services for Wholesale and Import
We can help you buy quality products from China, and import them to Italy.
You will get a comprehensive quote, clearly stating the price of shipments, duties up to the final destination. To find out how to request a quote, watch the video below.