How to track a package from China and be sure to receive it
THE BEST WEBSITES TO TRACK A PACKAGE FROM CHINA
It is a fact: buying from China has never been so easy and the number of people choosing to buy Chinese products through eCommerce websites is increasing every day.
The web allows you to find any product that your heart desires at any price you want, but more importantly, online sales have already surpassed the sales in physical stores.
When you buy online you don’t waste time, it’s quick, simple and much more comfortable, since the products you purchase will be delivered directly to your doorstep. There is, however, a very important and critical aspect for buyers, which is the possibility to track a package from China to its destination Country, to follow its movements and to estimate its delivery times.
How often it happened to you, or to a friend of yours, that a package was lost, that it has never reached its destination, that it arrived with a huge delay or that you had to pay additional taxes on the shipped products?
This article will help you understand which are the most used shipping methods by Chinese eCommerce and how to track a package from China.
TRACK A PACKAGE FROM CHINA: A MATTER OF NUMBERS
Let us reassure you that it is very possible to track a package from China, however, you have to understand how shipments from China work and what tools to use. Quite often Chinese suppliers offer “free shipping” options, however, in these cases they ship the goods with the cheapest and slowest providers they can find.
You can easily understand the service used to ship a package by simply looking at its tracking number. Usually, the tracking number for packages from China start with: alphabetical character + 9 numbers + 2 alphabetical characters. The information provided by this tracking numbers will show you the timings, the location of the package and some other additional info.
Each company uses different codes, here’s a list of the primary shipping providers:
- China Post Small Packet shipments present a tracking number composed by 11 numbers and its shipping time is between 30 and 40 business days.
- China Post Air Mail shipments trackings start with RR + 9 numbers + CN and shipping time is between 30 and 40 business days.
- Singapore Post Air Mail shipments start with RR followed by 9 numbers + SG, shipping time between 30 and 40 business days.
- Malaysia Post shipments tracking codes are composed of 11 numbers + the letters MY, estimated shipping time of 35/45 business days.
- Hong Kong Post shipments start with RR + 9 numbers + HK, delivery in 25/35 business days.
- China EMS or ePacket shipments tracking codes start with RR + 9 numbers + CN or with LT + 9 numbers + CN, delivery time estimated in 7/15 business days
- Special Line shipments’ tracking codes start with YT + 16 numbers, Special Line is the fastest shipping service available with an estimated delivery time of 5-12 business days.
HOW TO TRACK A PACKAGE FROM CHINA: USEFUL WEBSITES
Once you have found, your tracking code, you can locate your package using one of the websites below. This paragraph will provide you with a list of very useful websites that will help you to track a package from China to its destination Country. We hope that it will be useful to people who buy products online and need to track a package from China:
- 17track.net: is a pretty handy portal to track packages from China and it is translated in quite a few languages! It is very easy to use, you simply copy-past your tracking number on the homepage and click on “track” to find the progress of the shipping of your package.
- sao.cn: could be very helpful but…only for Chinese-speaking people! Unfortunately, this website does not work in English!
- China Post: is the website you need to track a package on Chinese soil, its peculiarity is that it allows you to sign up to a forum to ask question and suggestions to other registered users.
There are other good websites that could help you to track a package from China, like Singapore Post or Pagetracker; however, you might need to wait for a few days before the actual shipping, after that it will be possible to find out the next stages of the shipment even after it has left China.
Last but not least, be sure not to forget about the Customs! Has it ever happened to you that when you receive a package you will be also requested additional money to be paid? The amount you might pay depends on the customs costs and duties imposed on the ordered products.
SHIPPING AND DROPSHIPPING
We do not speak rocket science, when we say that the ones who suffer most from slow shipping – and shipping problems in general – are not the final customers, but those eCommerce owners who use dropshipping as they supply chain method. This is because even if they do their best to give a comprehensive and professional service to their clients, they do not have any control over what is happening with the shipping.
Chinese suppliers quite often state that they use fast shipping methods, like e-Packet, when in fact they use a cheaper and slower service.
An easy way to verify the shipping method used to ship out your products is to look at its’ tracking code to check if it matches the service requested. To avoid headaches and stress, we suggest to only do business with certified dropshipping suppliers, who will be able to attest the shipping method used.
THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS
Without a doubt, you do need a reliable and professional eCommerce website to get your products delivered from China fast, because rude awakenings in International shippings are always behind the corner. They only way to make sure that your products arrive safe and on time is to work with a company who deals not only with the sourcing of said products but also with all the logistics relating to the shipments.
Unsure whom to trust?
We suggest you try Yakkyofy, our software can help you automate all you dropshipping business daily tasks, from sourcing to the delivery, with tracking numbers sent automatically to your final clients!
Yakkyofy buys directly from Chinese factories and will ship your products using the fastest shipping method available, as stated in the product page.
With us, you can be sure that the shipping method used for your packages will be the same service you have paid for, with stable and regular shipping times. In North America and in most of Europe we ship with the fastest shipping service available on the market: Special Line. Special Line is a private service which indeed makes it more reliable and regular than a Post service (ex. ePacket) because it is not affected by social or political conditions of the destination Country.
But there’s more! With Yakkyofy will you get all the information you need on the status of your shipments directly on our dashboard without using any additional plugin or external application. Next, to your orders you will find a “Shipping Status”, which could be PENDING, ON DELIVERY, IN TRANSIT, this will help you understand the status of your shipping.
In short, with Yakkyofy you can buy products from China, organize and track your shipments clearly and safely!
Sign up for free today and you will have access to our catalog of trending products and you will be able you check for yourself our delivery times!